With millions of people reading blogs and other content online, content syndication has become a convenient way to reach out to buyers quicker and easier than ever before. While there is potential for great return from syndication, this content marketing strategy requires some planning and proper execution to be effective.
Add These Content Syndication Practices to Your Strategy
Below are content syndication best practices to market your business in 2021.
1. Carefully Choose Syndication Networks
If you’re looking for quality leads, the first step should be finding an ideal outlet to publish your content.
How to determine which networks to publish your work on?
Syndicate your content on sites:
- with more online authority than you
- with a proven track record of helping partners
- who help you reach a large number of target audience
- who offer intent-led syndication services
The above pointers help you determine which networks to use and which to lose.
2. Keep an Eye on Channels Your Audiences Use
If you don’t know where your prospects are, you can’t give them what they want on the right platform. The answer, focus on the channels that best align with your prospect’s interests.
- Do they tweet often?
- Do they rely on LinkedIn for company updates?
- Do they watch webinars to build their expertise?
In short, monitor intent signals to learn everything you can about your target audience. Once known, your content syndication strategy will become simpler to target.
3. Establish Social Media Voice with Content Optimization
Do you want your audience to share your content for you? Start by optimizing your content assets for quick social distribution. It increases your brand reach without spending any bucks.
Why is content optimization required for social syndication?
Here’s the answer. If a prospect shares a link to your content on their social media profile, what good would it do if it doesn’t show up properly? So, optimize your content such that it matches the post, tags, and displays appropriately on different channels and devices.
4. Pitch Content That Benefits Publishers, Too
If you don’t want publishers to refuse your content, pitch topics that fill content gaps on their site. So, what is a content gap? A content gap is a topic your publisher hasn’t covered yet, but their competitors have. Use analytics tools like Alexa to find such gaps.
Develop ideas based on those topics and tell publishers why it’s important to have such posts on their site. This tactic improves your chances of approval.
5. Follow SEO Rules to Combat Duplicate Content Issues
Content syndication comes with the risk of getting your site flagged for duplicate issues. However, there are certain SEO best practices you should follow to reduce such risk.
- Don’t repost your content immediately. Wait until Google indexes it.
- Ask your syndication partner to link back to the original URL and include statements like “[Article Title] originally appeared on [Original Site Name + URL].”
- Check if they place a no-index tag on their page where your master copy resides.
6. Repurpose Your Content into Other Valuable Assets
Get greater returns from your content by repurposing it into new pieces. For instance, if you’ve done several blogs on the same topic, combine them into a larger content asset, such as a whitepaper or eBook.
Similarly, if you’ve unused whitepapers, break them into small pieces and create an Infographic or how-to blog out of it. Content repurposing gives additional exposure to your brand, which is hard to get otherwise, while stretching your content budget.
7. Perform Content Syndication Regularly
Be consistent at content syndication if you wish to gain a better outcome. Become a regular syndication partner with high-domain publishers and utilize their networks’ power.
Once a publisher accepts your pitch, set up a regular arrangement with them. For instance, ask them to republish some of your content every week, month or as frequently as you’d like.
Make These Best Practices Your Common Rules
There you go! Use these methods to execute a content syndication plan and gain extra exposure for your brand today. Read our other blogs on B2B content syndication to learn more.