With an uncertain year ahead, your B2B programmatic marketing strategies must prepare for the possibility of more bumpy rides. 2020 was nothing less than a roller coaster for B2B sellers. Sales and marketing teams worldwide tried their best to keep the ship afloat through troubled waters.
Programmatic marketing will continue to dominate the martech and adtech domains in the coming year, because it has proven its value over the past year.
What to expect on your 2021 B2B programmatic journey?
Consider these trends:
1. Rising use of data-driven programmatic marketing: Intent data brings programmatic marketing to life because it’s about the behavior of people. Intent data gives you an idea about who your customers are and what they want. When you know those things, you communicate better. People-based marketing strategies are gaining popularity as a means to drive business growth. Your programmatic ads must be relevant to your target account’s stage within the buying journey, and this attention to humanity will pump up response rates.
2. Tighter Union of AI and programmatic: The amalgamation of AI and programmatic advertising lets B2B sellers perform more demand generation activities with less effort, such as:
- Campaign optimization
- Audience segmentation
- Audience identification
Automated ad purchases become easier with AI, allowing brands to target more specific audience groups. The media channels for programmatic marketing become more manageable and measurable. You can orchestrate various programmatic platforms with AI and take part in real-time optimization of live ad campaigns.
3. Continued demand for personalized advertisements: Truly personalized or customized ad content is attractive and engaging to customers, no matter where they are in the buyer journey. Many brands now avoid traditional cold calls and emails, and instead send one-to-one personalized video messages to premium customers, especially in account-based marketing. You can develop personalized ad content for specific buyer personas by matching their interests. You can speak directly to their needs, thus pumping up conversion rates and ROI.
4. Connected TV (CTV) contributes to growth of programmatic: Programmatic ads are very targeted and successfully reach specific users on various devices, platforms and demographics, and now even on our television screens. These ads have high completion rates, as users watch the full ads to continue watching the program. The attention-grabbing video ads are persuasive and highly engaging. According to an eMarketer survey report, by 2023 the connected TV (CTV) ad spending will surpass $14 billion.
5. Steady growth of programmatic DOOH: Europe and the USA have witnessed the steady growth of programmatic Digital Out of Home (DOOH) advertising (at the gas pump, for example.) According to a Statista survey report, ad spending on DOOH would increase from $6.7 billion in 2019 to $15.9 billion in 2027. More B2B marketers may eventually combine DOOH with location data from smartphones to reach audience segments with targeted ads. Programmatic advertising is an established part of the data-driven future of B2B marketing. Visit our blogs and resources for other valuable insights, and we highly recommend the True Influence Summit, a virtual, half-day gathering of the best minds in B2B.