B2B Programmatic Marketing: What to Expect in 2021
With the new year around the corner, you’ll want to prepare your B2B programmatic marketing strategies for the possibility of more bumpy rides ahead.
2020 has been nothing less than a roller coaster for B2B sellers. Sales and marketing teams worldwide tried their best to keep the ship sailing through troubled waters.
Programmatic marketing and advertising will continue to dominate the martech and adtech domains in the coming year because they have proven their value over the past year.
What to expect on your 2021 programmatic journey? Consider these trends:
1. Steady growth of programmatic DOOH: Europe and the USA have witnessed the steady growth of programmatic Digital Out of Home (DOOH) advertising. According to a Statista survey report, ad spending on DOOH would increase from $6.7 billion in 2019 to $15.9 billion in 2027. More B2B marketers may eventually combine DOOH with location data from smartphones to reach audience segments with targeted ads.
2. Union of AI and programmatic: The amalgamation of AI and programmatic advertising lets sellers perform more demand generation activities with less effort, such as:
- Campaign optimization
- Audience segmentation
- Audience identification
Automated ad purchases become easier with AI, allowing brands to target more specific audience groups. The media channels for programmatic marketing become more manageable and measurable. You can orchestrate various programmatic platforms with AI and take part in real-time optimization of live ad campaigns.
3. High demand for personalized advertisements: Truly personalized or customized ad content is attractive and engaging to customers, no matter where they are in the buyer journey. Many brands avoid traditional cold calls and emails, and instead send one-to-one personalized video messages to premium customers. You can develop personalized ad content for specific buyer personas by matching their interests. You can speak directly to their needs, thus pumping up conversion rates and ROI.
4. CTV contributes to programmatic ad buying: Programmatic ads are very targeted and successfully reach specific users on devices, platforms and demographics. These ads have high completion rates as users watch the full ads to continue watching the program. The video ads are persuasive and highly engaging, thus grabbing attention of customers. According to an eMarketer survey report, by 2023 the connected TV ad spending will surpass $14 billion.
5. Data-driven programmatic marketing: Intent data brings programmatic marketing to life because it’s about the behavior of people. Intent data gives you an idea about who your customers are and what they want. When you know those things, you communicate better. People-based marketing strategies are gaining popularity as a means to drive business growth. Your programmatic ads must be relevant to your target account’s stage within the buying journey, and this will pump up response rates. Programmatic advertising is an important part of the data-driven future of B2B marketing. Visit our blogs and resources for other valuable insights, and we highly recommend the True Influence Summit, a virtual, half-day gathering of the best minds in B2B.