Buyer response to marketing campaigns plays a pivotal role in overall business growth. It’s no surprise then, that for marketers, a main objective is to maximize conversion rates and ROI.
To do that well, you must address journey gaps, anchor your measurements in reality, and analyze data from across multiple channels and networks. Data-driven multichannel strategies can do wonders for elevating B2B campaign performance and contribution to your business overall.
B2B marketers have embraced big data and programmatic approaches to decode buyer behavior, bring automation to marketing and fuel multichannel campaigns. There’s been no other alternative to doing this at scale, and now with even greater automation and AI, more brands have turned to multichannel and programmatic advertising to drive growth.
Three questions to ask about B2B buyer engagement
A buyer typically reacts to multichannel B2B campaigns in one of several ways. These action metrics directly or indirectly impact business outcomes, so they’re important questions to ask of your data.
1. How is the buyer engaging in campaigns? Is he continuing to view a video ad or stopping midway? Is he listening to a full audio ad instead? Customer engagement behaviors reflect their personal interest and preferences. So one way to measure engagement rates is the time your customer spends with your messages through different channels.
2. What actions are prospects taking? Evaluate their actions, such as clicks from search or email links that direct prospects to the next option, such as a content download or webinar registration. This offers actionable insights such as what assets or formats generate more engagement and which don’t drive any. As they convert, you can track customers along their journey and retarget smartly.
3. What do buyers think of your brand as a result of your campaigns? You can answer this question through surveys, social listening, brand searches, social media mentions and interactions, posts and comments that include brand names or related topics. Perception metrics determine the impact of campaign exposure across a certain audience spectrum.
Pay attention and find buyers all around
In-market prospects are everywhere, and it’s not impossible to find them. You can reach B2B buyers, no matter where they are, by paying attention to these practices:
- Data-driven targeting
- Relevant, personalized content
- Synergistic channels that lift each other
- Identifiable buyer personas across all channels
- Responsive, informative website experience
As B2B marketers, we can choose from many multichannel programmatic strategies and combinations of media and platforms. Social media and smartphone explosions have led to audio ads, video ads, display ads, social media ads, and even TV to hyper-target always-connected buyers across channels.
Want more insights and ideas? We’ve got many other blogs on programmatic strategies that you might like.