Brian Giese, CEO
The surge in connections and communications across communities is heartening and reminds us we are all in this together. As we face daily challenges and changing news, it’s important to continue sharing ideas and encouragement. Success in this crisis depends on all of us watching out for our communities, and this is what we’re doing for our internal and external customers.
Over the past few days, we pulled together some resources to help customers and employees, and we’re making them available to anyone needing guidance on helping and coping during the pandemic. We have large team communities in both the U.S. and India, so in some cases, we’ve included resources relevant to both.
Likewise we’re rallying under the hashtag of #WeAreBuiltForThis across social media – because True Influence literally is.
Remote-friendly and Ready
True Influence is committed to helping employees and their communities remain safe. In the wake of the current CDC and WHO guidelines, employees around the world were strongly encouraged to work from home. In India, we closed our offices as requested by the government. For us, this has been a smooth process, since many of our employees are remote-friendly already and familiar with working through digital channels.
Hopefully, you’re able to continue your business operations with modifications, too. You may need to rely on more account-based marketing strategies, as opposed to personal touchpoints during this time. Consider reaching out to our sales and support teams to help you tailor your campaigns. We may be work from home (WFH), but we’re still working on behalf of our customers.
How to Work from Home without Drama
It is hard to balance work and parenting during this stressful time. We pulled together some ideas on how the WFHers and the HFS (home from school) families can collectively cope and stay sane.
- Set up basketball hoops, mini-golf courses, old-fashioned forts, whatever it takes to let kids play and use their imaginations. Let them bounce (balls) off the walls—you can paint later.
- Get out old-fashioned board games. You’ve probably got a few in the back of the closet.
- The world has embraced Zoom—600K people recently downloaded the app in one day. Teenagers are called Zoomers, and there is a public Facebook page called Zoom Memes for Self Quaranteens.
- Kid Scoop is a cool site with free online activities for kids.
- Plug your kids into podcasts. Check out 25 Best Podcasts for Kids or the 10 Must-Listen Podcasts for Tweens and Teens. (If you are new to podcasting, there is a guide for parents on the site.)
- Kids can watch videos together and interact with stars of their favorite shows at CYA Live.
6 Ways to Help
As humans and as social beings, we’re naturally drawn to helping others. Pulling together is in our DNA. If you’re feeling drawn to help, here are six things you might consider.
1. Donate blood. Are you sheltering in place or can you still move about? Blood donations are urgently needed, and donating blood is exempt from shelter-in-place restrictions. The number of blood donations has dropped dramatically due to social distancing and the cancellation of blood drives. Blood donation centers can facilitate the safe donation of blood, because they’re skilled in infection control practices and already have procedures in place to prevent the spread of infections.
- U.S. Those interested in donating blood can contact these organizations to find a local blood collection site and schedule an appointment:
- India. The Indian Red Cross Society is also suffering from an acute shortage of blood and has issued an appeal for donations.
2. Donate to medical supplies and support. GlobalGiving is a global crowdfunding community using donations to send doctors, nurses and other first responders to communities in need around the world. They will deliver essentials to the elderly and to struggling families in quarantined cities. Donations will be put toward purchasing protective masks, ventilators and other medical supplies.
3. Food donations are widely needed. Food banks, pantries and other food programs across the world need to keep running smoothly. Keep safety in mind and reach out to your local Meals on Wheels to see if volunteers are needed.
- U.S. Feeding America provides food to 40 million people at risk of hunger, including 12 million children and 7 million seniors, through a nationwide network of food banks.
- India. India FoodBanking Network has a vision to eliminate hunger in India and provide a minimum of one food bank in every district of India by 2030. There are 194.4 million people in India who are undernourished. They need help now.
4. Immediate medical services are needed in the U.S. and around the world. The following organizations offer various relief and support services, and you can get more information from these websites:
- CDC Foundation
- World Health Organization
- Gates Philanthropy Partners
- Direct Relief
- National Association of Free and Available Clinics
- Partners in Health
- United Nations Foundation
5. Animal shelters might be in need of temporary housing. Contact your local shelter to see if you can be a foster home to a furry creature.
6. Help pet parents who are low on supplies. Watch various social networks and apps for groups supporting local pet owners in need. If you have received a shelter-in-place order and are running short on pet supplies, you can order from these online retailers:
How Work Goes On
We’ve provided the B2B world with demand generation solutions for over 12 years and will continue to serve you with the quality and quantity of demand generation you need for continued business success. Rest assured our management team is focused on ensuring business continuity during this unprecedented time, and we are monitoring the situation closely.
- Communications: For years we’ve naturally used digital conferencing to bring worldwide teams together.
- Trust: You can rely on us because we are redundant in all areas and can scale to meet your needs.
- Quality: We have always been committed to quality, and our commitment and processes will not change.
- Resolve: We are a tough bunch, and we don’t give up. We will use teamwork to get through this together.
How to Work with Us If You Need Us
On behalf of the entire True Influence family, please stay safe and know you can reach out to any of us at any time—1-888-301-4758.
We will all get through this together.