Businesses don’t just succeed with strong products and solutions, they need to build strong buyer relationships with the right people who make purchase decisions. Are you finding it hard to communicate to your clients and prospective buyers? Is it getting difficult for you to optimize campaigns and manage omnichannel strategies? If your answer is YES, then a digital marketing strategy using a Marketing Cloud might just be a viable solution for your organization.
Did you know 80 percent of buyers consider experiences the company provides to be as valuable as its services and products? Buyer satisfaction has the highest impact on key business metrics like community reviews and mentions, customer lifetime value (CLV) and churn rate.
The pandemic has acted as a catalyst in multiplying geometric growth in SaaS and Marketing Cloud services, which might reach $122.6 billion in 2021. Cloud-native tech demands surge as businesses are gearing up for a new and “volatile” normal.
Digital disruptions have compelled businesses to leverage breakthroughs in cloud, AI, Machine Learning, and cognitive technologies to deliver personalization to prospects at scale. An intent-based Marketing Cloud does all that, and more to keep your revenue engine running.
Be it focussing on buyer journeys across multiple connected devices or formulating a GTM (go to market) approach, a Marketing Cloud brings everything together to manage sales and marketing operations in a single interface.
Map buyer journey with a Marketing Cloud
Mass marketing techniques and one-size-fits-all emails are long gone. Marketers are hyped with hyper-personalization, communication and collaboration tools to charm buyers towards their way.
Buyer journey maps unify disoriented marketing efforts, look for loopholes to get rid of highlight scope for further improvements. Being with your buyers at every stage of the funnel not only elevates buyer experience and buyer success but also retains buyers who are most likely to drift away. A satisfied buyer marks your success.
- Identify target audience: Intent intelligence gives you clear knowledge of your buyers and their pain points. Once you know their demographic details, online browsing behavior and preferences, you are all set to create buyer personas.
- Create buyer personas: Buyer personas represent individuals who come together to make a purchase decision for your product, service, or solution. You want your buyer persona to be as accurate as possible, using Actionable data insights to solidify internal bridges between personas and actual buyers.
- Address their pain points: Buyers face challenges and hurdles for which they look for relevant solutions. These problems are often subjective and require personalized solutions. Create resourceful content to address their pain points.
- Define your brand’s digital touchpoints: Empowered and active buyers looking for avenues to do their research before they proceed to a purchase decision or the final stage of the funnel. These touchpoints are crucial in portraying your brand in a positive light. Some of the most common touchpoints include Google search, websites, social media, phone apps, and display ads.
- Keep it real and meaningful: Truth matters. By the time buyers are at the bottom of the funnel in the buyer journey, you will get to know the true opinions of your buyers, what they think of the brand. Memorable and genuine buyer communications and engagements push you ahead of your competitors.
Fuel higher conversion by providing better buyer experience and engagements
Keeping this in mind, B2B marketers prioritize mapping intent signals to individuals within buying teams. Intent intelligence not only improves prospect outreach, but also identifies potential growth pockets to place smart bets.
Marketers engage with buyers considering their positions in the stages of the buyer journey. The stages are:
- Awareness stage: In this first stage of the journey, buyers become aware of their problems and challenges. They identify the issue and also understand the consequences if they can’t find a proper solution. As a marketer, you have to create informative (not salesy) and educational resources to guide them along the path to purchase.
- Consideration stage: Buyers have already identified their challenges, and now in this second stage they are considering different ways to solve the problems. You assist them to show how your products address their issues compared to both direct and indirect competitors. Build trust and show them that they have come to the right place.
- Decision stage: Now, buyers have already decided on the solutions they desire to solve their problems. Ensure a unique selling proposition that prompts value addition and keeps your brand ahead of competitors. Evaluate the concerns of buyers and handle them gently to proceed to the ultimate purchase decision.
Buyers have evolved from passive information receivers to active decision-makers in the evolving digital space. An intent-driven Marketing Cloud enables marketers to closely monitor the buyer journey, and also:
- Deliver personalized buyer experience
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of your brand, based on topical intent
- Understand whether brand designs solutions aligned to buyers’ needs
- Build brand awareness with improved buyer engagements and interactions
- Create connected buyer journey across all touchpoints and devices
Is your Revenue Engine Thriving?
Simply put, your revenue engine is thriving when:
- Buyers are happy and satisfied with the services provided
- Buyers solve their challenges with personalized solutions
- Buyers stick to the brand for future businesses
- Buyers give positive feedbacks, for example in social media
The reality is that B2B marketing can be challenging, but achieving these goals to fuel your revenue engine isn’t impossible! A Marketing Cloud unites all your diverse marketing efforts under a single roof, lending you greater clarity about what’s working (and what’s not!).
To better understand what a Marketing Cloud can do for your organization, check out this previous blog post:
Marketing Cloud Wish List for Account-Based Engagement