Nothing happens in B2B revenue today without content marketing. From content syndication to webinars to product collateral, all forms of content affect buyers, and intent data tells you how.
Ready to take a closer look at the content marketing space? Maybe you’ve missed something that would benefit your revenue engine. We’ve compiled 20 content marketing statistics and trends to keep you up to date with modern practices.
How Content Marketing Is Helpful to You?
- 86% of B2B marketers claim that content marketing plays a pivotal role in creating brand awareness.
- 79% say it’s an effective medium to educate audiences about their products, services and companies.
- 75% of marketers agree that content marketers use content to build trust and credibility.
How Has Covid Affected Your Content Marketing Strategies?
- Due to the pandemic, 70% of B2B marketers made drastic or moderate adjustments to their content marketing strategy.22% view those adjustments as short-term, while 66% consider them as both short and long-term.
- 83% of B2B marketers said they made quick changes to their content marketing to save their businesses from the pandemic.
- 31% of marketers claimed that their business was extremely successful with content marketing in the last 12 months.
- B2B marketers who claimed the high level of content marketing success during the pandemic said it was because of the value their content delivers and website changes (60%).
- B2B marketers who reported low levels of content marketing success said it was due to content creation challenges (63%) and strategy issues (51%).
What Are Content Marketing ROI and Strategies?
- Content marketing is an active area of investment for 70% of B2B content marketers.
- It costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates approximately three times as many leads.
- As more companies have started implementing content marketing strategies in their business, experts have estimated that the content marketing industry to grow to be worth $300 billion in 2020.
- The top five content marketing areas marketers planning to invest in during 2021 are content creation (70%), website enhancement (66%), events such as digital, in-person, and hybrid (48%), organic content distribution (46%), and social media management or community building (39%).
- 80% of B2B marketers reported that they have a content marketing strategy. But only 43% have documented their strategy, while 36% have strategies without formal documentation.
The Latest Content Marketing Media and Tactics
- According to Content Marketing Institute (CMI), blog posts/short articles (93%), email newsletters (77%), case studies and pre-recorded videos (68%), and virtual events/ webinars/ online courses (67%) were the most widespread content media used in 2020.
- B2B marketers reported that 69% of the content they create is for the top of the funnel, 43% for the middle of the funnel, 20% for the bottom, and 18% was for retention.
- When it comes to the most prevalent content distribution channel used in 2020, social media platforms rank on the top with 89%; email is at 87%, and the company’s website/blog at 86%.
- 36% of B2B marketers say Facebook and LinkedIn are the most effective social media channels for content distribution.
- According to the State of Video Marketing 2021 Report by Wyzowl, 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in 2021. This number was 85% in 2020, 81% in 2018, 63% in 2017, and 61% in 2016.
What Makes Content Marketing Successful?
Storytelling and interactive content are prime factors in making content marketing successful. Don’t believe it? Let the numbers speak!
- 62% of B2B marketers say storytelling is an effective content marketing tactic. It boosts conversion rate by 30%.
- 93% of B2B marketers agreed that interactive content is effective in educating buyers.
Bring The Content Marketing Strategy Today!
Content marketing is one of the most effective ways to connect and engage with your audiences. And when you have reviewed all the positive results and statistics, you won’t want to wait to implement more of the strategy in your business. Get all your content marketing tools in place, use the statistics above for inspiration, and create valuable content for your audience that brings fruitful outcomes.
For more content marketing and syndication tips and tricks, we recommend these blog posts: