True Influence is searching for an experienced Business Intelligence Data Analyst to join our talented data team. We are bringing our business intelligence development and reporting in-house. To succeed in this role, you must be able to leverage advanced technology, and analytical visualization tools like Domo or Tableau. Process financial, operations, sales, marketing data to produce business intelligence reports and dashboards that will track and manage True Influence’s business.
The Business Intelligence Data Analyst is primarily responsible for developing all DOMO reporting, providing support to business users for all Business Intelligence related requests, thorough incident/project documentation, and user training on solution delivery. Develop DOMO cards, and coordinate integration with other systems like Salesforce, Marketo, NetSuite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and translate business requirements and concerns into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and data visualizations to help analyze massive data sets to deliver smaller subsets of high-value data for the business finance team to evaluate and improve the value of business insights.
- Take ownership of the various components of the Data Analytics Life cycle Data Wrangling, Feature Engineering, Data Visualization (discovery), Delivering.
- Work with RDBMS technology SQL (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, BigQuery)
- Filter, clean, and locate human and technical errors in large data sets and assist in automating reporting for transparency and communication across the organization.
- Solve data gathering and preparation problems for the company for building a long-term sustainable Business Intelligence environment in the company.
- Integrate with external data sources and APIs.
- Design rich data visualizations in DOMO/Tableau with advanced charts and calculations code to communicate complex ideas to internal and external teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with deadlines and manage to change priorities with minimal supervision and intervention.
- Deliver complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences with a desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
- Work with C-Suite throughout the organization to gather business requirements and identify opportunities for leveraging company data to find trends to help make important decisions.
- Design and develop complex business visualization, and dashboards (using DOMO, Tableau, SQL, BI Tools), that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time.
- Collaborates with the cross functional teams within Domo to ensure customer success.
- Lead discussions on customer data maturity, digital transformation, and functional/industry strategy while recommending appropriate solutions.
- Acquires deep expertise on the Domo platform to advise and train our staff on Domo’s capabilities.
- Designs and optimizes complex data transformation (SQL) strategies.
- Develop the data architecture/pipeline analysis, design, and build effort.
- Develop strategies for integration of data into DOMO platform.
- Bridge the gap between business strategy and data architecture.
- Support existing enterprise BI solutions including DOMO, and ad-hoc data analysis.
- Become a subject matter expert in TI business processes, systems, and applications used by the business.
- Software product review, analysis, and license tracking
Skills & Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math/Statistics, Engineering or other technical concentration.
- Must have 4 to 5 years of experience as an IT Business Intelligence Analyst. Primarily in Business Intelligence, Analytics and/or Data Engineering with an emphasis on creating Business Intelligence solutions
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and DOMO
- Strong DOMO knowledge, both in building complex datasets and visualizations
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong ability to read and write advanced SQL queries
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high-level decision makers.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design – with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star and snowflake).
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and functions (e.g. vlook-up)
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving and independently generate solutions using analytical skills and business knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters change, creativity, and flexibility.
A big plus:
- DOMO certification is a plus
- Experience working with APIs to integrate with other systems (CRM, MAP, CDP)