VICE PRESIDENT, SALES – DATA SOLUTIONS
We are looking for a seasoned leader with 8-10 years of sales management experience with a proven sales record in selling B2B marketing data solutions to enterprise customers. The successful candidate must possess a high level of personal integrity, be an exceptional communicator with a strong management style and skill for selling data-driven, integrated digital marketing solutions to enterprise customers to help drive market share and profitability. Must be able to lead a team of seasoned Sales Directors with excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration. Ideal candidate must have an existing network of contacts at businesses matching our ideal customer profile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, he/she will lead all aspects of Data centric sales. He/she will act as a conduit by organizing internal resources to support the sale. Specifically, this person will manage the following:
Manage Sales Team’s utilization of Salesforce to track sales activity
Effectively manage up and down the organization to affect the sale
Train Sales Directors on competitive positioning
Coordinate needs-based proposal development
Post-proposal issues resolution
Contract development and execution
Cross- and up-sell (where appropriate)
Skills & Requirements:
The following are qualities that will characterize the successful applicant:
- Ability to successfully manage Sales Directors by monitoring all Sales activity and performance against goals.
- Mentor, motivate and empower the Data Solutions Sales staff to make proactive decisions in their communications with clients
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales activity reporting to keep C-level executives apprised of progress.
- He/she must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to continually strive to put forth extra effort.
- Must be able to generate imaginative, innovative solutions that meet the needs of marketers. He/she must be a strategic thinker/solution seller using a different approach with the same tools to meet the needs of each unique customer situation
- Candidate must have the ability to translate how our solutions can impact the prospect company’s profitability.
- Must remain effective in sales situations with or without immediate success, using both positive and negative outcomes as an incentive to move forward toward fulfilling commitments to
- achieving personal and team financial goals.
- Provide strategic account management and sales leadership to the Data Solutions Sales Team, by securing key strategic sales opportunities through data products/services.
- Solution selling a must with ability to extract customer needs and propose relevant solutions.
- Candidate must travel up to 50% of the time to develop and maintain positive relationships with customers, including negotiating and closing on major accounts
- Must have a thorough knowledge of inner workings within enterprise accounts, i.e. multiple departments and decision makers and appropriate solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration (MBA preferred)
- 8-10 years’ experience in sales management
- 10+ years’ experience in B2B sales
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills