We seek a seasoned business originator with 5 plus years of experience with a proven sales record in selling new lead generation business to advertising agencies and enterprise customers. Experience with selling lead generation products and services are essential. The successful candidate must be an exceptional communicator with a strong team orientation and a skill for marketing integrated online and data-driven solutions to help drive market share and profitability. Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing required, MBA a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sell integrated on-line “data-driven” solutions to key lead generation decision-makers within agencies and enterprise prospects located in the USA. Reporting to the VP Sales, he/she will lead all aspects of the sales effort. He/she will act as a conduit between the prospect and appropriate technical/support personnel to identify, organize and focus the resources required to affect the sale. Specifically, this person will manage the following:
- Lead generation via aggressive prospecting
- Prospect qualification
- Needs assessment
- Competitive positioning
- Needs-based proposal development
- Post-proposal issues resolution
- Capability presentation(s)
- Product demonstration(s)
- Contract development and execution
- Cross- and up-sell (where appropriate)
Skills & Requirements
The following are qualities that will characterize the successful applicant:
- Independence: Must have the ability to work on his/her own without constant direction or supervision. He/she must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to continually strive to put forth extra effort.
- Creativity: Must be able to generate imaginative, innovative solutions that meet the needs of marketers. He/she must be a strategic thinker/solution seller. We don’t typically sell products; we sell integrated solutions. He/she needs to be able to approach each unique customer situation in different ways using the same tools.
- Tenacity: Given the length of the sales cycle, this person must have the fortitude to stay with a position or plan of action until the desired objective (the sale) is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Resilience: Must remain effective in sales situations with or without immediate success, using both positive and negative outcomes as an incentive to move forward toward fulfilling commitments to achieving personal and team financial goals.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and monitor all activity and performance against goals.
- Will be developing his/her own leads (i.e. cold calling). He/she needs to be self-motivated, have the internal drive to keep calling even when they aren’t getting traction immediately and have the capacity to know how to approach each customer and each functional area in target companies.
- Candidate must have the ability to translate how our solutions can impact the prospect company’s profitability.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of inner workings within ad agencies and enterprise accounts, i.e. multiple departments and decision makers and appropriate solutions.